Register now!

Google

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Beaver Valley Doxies
weenie on a walk
Group:
Registered Users
Do not buy from this place, as you can see from her website she breeds too many litters at once, its like backyard breeding, i got a puppy from her and it was nothing but problems my poor puppy had demodectic mange and lost patches of hair all over his body and had sores, crust and scabs all over from it and still till this day he still gets attacks of it because he has a poorly developed immune system and can not keep it under control with his suppressed immune system and yet she takes no responsible for it to stop breeding her dam who has the mites and gives it to her new borns during nursing. And treating the manage is very expensive for skin scrapings, medical cream, antibiotics and such on. And also my puppy has a genetic defect of cryptorchidism/ of having only one testicle down and the other retained and she openly admitted that she has bred other puppies with the same issue yet keeps using the same sire and dam who carrie the genes for the genetic defect, this does not make sense! Her answer was get it fixed your self , what if you do not want to neuter your dog? well now your forced to. But according to her such a problem is ok but what she doesn't care are the future health and life threatening issue cryptorchidism causes such as :testicular cancer, developing tumors, it can become twisted - Testicular torsion, cutting off the blood supply to the testis. And not to mention the removal of retained testicles is more expensive than a normal castration procedure, because it almost always involves abdominal exploratory surgery which also means more incisions, more pain and a longer recovery for your dog. A responsible breeder should not be breeding parents who carry the defect. And yet she argues this is not an inherit trait yet admits she has often breed litters which such issue.. which means its INHERITED! Any person can google retained testicle and it tells you due to genetics within the parents line , but be sides that her answer is you can bring your dog back for a different one, seriously not professional, i've had my puppy for a little over three months he is a part of our family! we are attached to him and i wouldn't ever give him back, he is not a pair of pants you return due to a wrong size! The point of this post is true breeders breed to better the breed, NOT to breed as many litters as you can to pocket money. Very disappointing and I'm sure my family is not the only one which such issues with their puppy from this breeder, this post is so other people who we're like me who didn't know better now knows do your research and make sure the breeder is breeding for the right reasons.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 22:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Central California
Group:
Registered Users
She sounds like a very irresponsible breeder. We discovered our Beemer was Cryptorchid after we bought him. We were furious. When we confronted her she agreed to give me a partial refund and pay for having him neutered. She was afraid we would shut her business down. She actually was crying and pleading us not to do that. We never had an intention to breed him, but we did pay top dollar for him. Good luck with your little guy.

Posted on: 2012/2/29 13:35

weenie on a walk
Group:
Registered Users
That's good she gave back some part of it, I' am just nervous for him to get the surgery cause our vet said he would need multiple incisions to find his retained testicle :( and since he has a bad immune system I don't know how well he will recover from it. It just makes me made she continues to keep breeding puppies with this health issues.

Posted on: 2012/2/29 13:48

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Quincy, MA
Group:
Registered Users
Doxie lover22 - have you looked into supplements that help boost the immune system?

I have been giving my two Nupro Gold vitamin supplement and it is amazing stuff! Not only does it make a tasty gravy that they go crazy for (if you add warm water to it) it also has made their coats so soft and shiny and gives them great vitamins that will help prolong their lives. Many owners of professional show dogs use it. I was told about it by a good doxie friend of mine whose doxie had itchy skin and hot spots where the fur had fallen out. After being on the Nupro Gold for a few weeks, she told me the fur has all grown back in. I buy it online, but am hoping my pet store will carry it. Might be worth checking out.

Bette, Baxter and Daisy

Posted on: 2012/2/29 15:19

weenie on a walk
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you so much for the info! I'am going to pick that up and try it right now my two doxies are on the gnc puppy supplement but I haven't really seen a big difference with it.

Posted on: 2012/2/29 15:48

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Quincy, MA
Group:
Registered Users
Not a problem!
Here is a link to their web site so you can read about it and see the all natural ingredients.
I have tried GNC products with little or no visible results. Nupro Gold is the best I have tried.

http://www.nupro.com/nuproDog.html

Feeding a good, human grade, high grade dog food is recommended also. What are you feeding them?

I feed Baxter and Daisy Fromm dog food. They love it and do so well on it. I love that it is made only with high grade, all natural US ingredients and is wholly manufactured in the US. They have a puppy formula.

Bette, Baxter and Daisy

Posted on: 2012/2/29 16:31

weenie on a walk
Group:
Registered Users
I feed ace and peanut wellness wet and dry food. :)

Posted on: 2012/2/29 19:46

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
How to Make Good Friends with a Beautiful Girl?
Which one should I Pick?
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!
Help - Behavioral Issue - Barking
Is Your Veterinarian Being Honest w/You--ABC News

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index