Register now!

Google

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

My dachshund has a enlarged heart
weenie on a walk
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone.

I just learned that my male dachshund, Strudel, has an enlarged heart and fluid around his heart. He is on lasix for the fluid, but the vet says to "be prepared."

I'm having a very difficult time. I'm taking him to a different vet that provides alternative therapies and also to a cardiologist. I won't let him suffer but want to do all I can for him.

I got Stru when he was five, and he is my world. I can't imagine life without him. I guess I want to ask if anyone has any suggestions for supplements or treatments that might help him. Again, I won't let him suffer, but I want to keep him with me as long as I can.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dwayne

Posted on: 2007/9/6 18:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: My dachshund has a enlarged heart
Gräf (Gräfin) von Wolfin
From Indiana
Group:
Registered Users
very sorry to hear about Strudel's enlarged heart. Will include him in prayer. How old is he now? Hope you find some help for him.

Posted on: 2007/9/6 18:14

weenie on a walk
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for your willingness to pray for Strudel. I definitely am praying and have requested friends to pray. He is 14 or 15. I got him when he was five from someone who couldn't take care of him any longer. He had been put outside and was somewhat neglected. We bonded immediately and have loved each other ever since.

Posted on: 2007/9/6 18:25

wiener wonder dog
From Snellville, GA
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this...I have no advice since I've never dealt with that before, but you will definitely be in our thoughts. I hope you are able to do all you can for him and just know you had a huge support group here.

Posted on: 2007/9/6 18:57

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Dwayne, I too will keep you and Strudel in my thoughts and prayers. We've just resuced a senior citizen doxie we've named Grannie and she may be as old as 15.

This is the curse of a long-lived dog breed. We are fortunate enough to have them enriching our lives for such a long long time but this makes it even harder to when they reach the end of their days.

No doubt Strudel knows how much you are doing for him and that you will not give up the fight easily. He will, undoubtedly, let you know when he has had enough. Until them love him as he has loved you and know that there are many many people here on the Hotdog Blog that are pulling and praying for you and Strudel.

Love, Auntie and the Doxhoonts l-r Brownie Annabel and Grannie

Posted on: 2007/9/6 18:58

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Rising Sun, Indiana
Group:
Registered Users
Strudel is in our prayers as well. I am very sorry to here that he has heart problems. Laura could not have said it better. Cherish your time and know that we all are praying.

I just love the name Strudel, immediatley I thought of the tune from the Sound of Music "MY Favorite Things" .

Happy thoughts to you and yours Dwayne.

Spanky and the girls

Posted on: 2007/9/6 19:30

ultimate hotdog
From st. petersburg, florida
Group:
Registered Users
aww.. so sorry to hear of this. it breaks my heart. i don't have experience with your situation. please know that we'll be thinking of you guys, and hoping for the best.
*big hugs*

Posted on: 2007/9/6 19:35

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!
Help - Behavioral Issue - Barking
Is Your Veterinarian Being Honest w/You--ABC News
Vaccines--Dr. W. Jean Dodds Part 2
Titers--Dr. W. Jean Dodds Interviews

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index