Register now!

Google

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

fish oil
dachshund denizen
From Thunder Bay, Ontatio
Group:
Registered Users
i have read alot on here that people give their doxies fish oil.. and i just realized that my boyfriend has fish oil caplets. so im wondering if its ok to give doxies human fish oil, or is there certain kinds that you need to give them

the name of them is fish oil omega 3 and they are 1000mg soft gel caplets. the ingredients are fish oil concentrate (anchovy, bonito, clupea, mackerel, pilchard, salmon, sardine, sprat), gelatine, glycerin, glycerol, d-sorbital and natural tocopherols (soy).

if this is ok, how much should i give her? one caplet a day? thanks

Posted on: 2008/12/17 23:06

Re: fish oil
Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Clearwater, Florida
Group:
Registered Users
I give mine Grizzly Salmon Oil which is formulated for animals. I get it pretty inexpensively through KV Vets.

I am sure giving them human grade fish oil is fine. I do quite a but of pet sitting and often give dogs human grade fish oil caplets...some of them think it is a treat! I would check with your vet though, just to be safe.

Also, like dog food, there is a range of quality and a lot of purity concerns with fish oil (i.e it being made from fish heads and tails instead of the "healthy, good" part of the fish). Always look for a seal on the bottle that says it is "USP VERIFIED". Although this may be more of a human concern then a dog concern! lol

Check with your vet...their coats will look AMAZING on it!

Posted on: 2008/12/17 23:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

dachshund denizen
From Colorado
Group:
Registered Users
I give my boys human capsules. We call them their "fishies" and they get them right before dinner time. I would agree to check with your vet on dosage as I was warned that too much fish oil can cause diarrhea.

Posted on: 2008/12/18 2:07

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Colorado
Group:
Registered Users
I give mine a human grade! I poke a hole in it and squirt it on their food and they think they are getting something special!! There isn't even a half a tsp in one capsule. It does wonders for dry skin and their coats. The only problem i have is I take to long getting it ready and most here know how impatient Ruger is about his breakfast! If you haven't seen the video let me know, Ill post it. they LOVE breakfast time!

Posted on: 2008/12/18 12:00

http://www.freewebs.com/corkysfatfootieddoxies/index.htm

"You can't leave footprints in the Sands of Time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the Sands of Time?"

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From LIVERPOOL UK
Group:
Registered Users
I give my 3 dachsies Cod Liver Oil 1000mgs capsule daily, they just eat it off my hand, I just say who wants their sweeties and they run to where those and the Garlic Oil 2mgs Caps are kept and wait their turn, I have never had to worry and mess with pricking them they go down whole.

They also contain Omega3 and vitamins A,D and E.

I prefer to use human grade ones as they are more likely to be controlled that pet quality ones

Rhona

Posted on: 2008/12/18 12:12

alpha wiener
From North Carolina
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't seen the video yet, so could you please post it! Also, I can speak first hand about too much fish oil causing diarrhea because my Houdi had it for like five days after I started giving him fish oil. I think using the tablets would be good because you know exactly how much they are getting and don't have to worry about giving them too much.

Posted on: 2008/12/18 12:15

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Colorado
Group:
Registered Users
I had to start poking a hole in it due to them trying to chew them and getting fish oil everywhere!! The only treat they actually chew LOL!!

here is a link to all my videos, there is only one of my kids and its hilarious! All the rest are the Gang, even some puppy videos!
ENJOY!!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search ... mameah4&search_type=&aq=f

Posted on: 2008/12/18 12:34

http://www.freewebs.com/corkysfatfootieddoxies/index.htm

"You can't leave footprints in the Sands of Time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the Sands of Time?"

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
Has anyone dealt with Pepper Creek Ranch or PCPUPS ?
How to Make Good Friends with a Beautiful Girl?
Which one should I Pick?
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!
Help - Behavioral Issue - Barking

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index