Google

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 »

Vaccine Reactions Links to Articles
wiener wonder dog
From THE RABIES CHALLENGE FUND
Group:
Registered Users
Below are some links to articles (mostly from the World Small Animal Veterinary Association) on vaccinal adverse reactions which might be helpful.

Avoiding Vaccine Reactions in Dogs and Cats http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Procee ... VA2003&PID=6547&O=Generic

Cutaneous Vasculitis and Vasculopathy http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Procee ... VA2004&PID=8602&O=Generic

Ischemic Skin Disease in the Dog http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Procee ... A2006&PID=15765&O=Generic

Canine Skin Reactions Associated with Vaccination http://www.dvmvac.com/HotTopic.shtml#skin Dr. Richard Ford DVM, Professor of Medicine, North Carolina State University

Bone Lesions Attributed to Post-Vaccination Adverse Events http://www.dvmvac.com/HotTopic.shtml#bone Dr. Richard Ford DVM, Professor of Medicine, North Carolina State University

Posted on: 2009/2/11 7:41
www.RabiesChallengeFund.org
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Vaccine Reactions Links to Articles
Friend of Hotdog Blog!
Group:
Registered Users
Diane I am so glad to hear the Fred is doing so much better. I have been SO busy and have not had time to get on line much. Hugs to Fred and Ginger!

Now that I will not be having anymore puppies, or not anytime in the foreseeable future, I have decided to stop vaccinating my dogs annually. The research is there to show that it is unnecessary and dangerous.

Christine...good to hear from you!

Tia

Posted on: 2009/2/11 11:12

Re: FYI: VACCINE REACTIONS
wiener wonder dog
From Youngstown, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Kris for the info on the vaccines. I am still as confused as ever. Tia, do you have your dogs tested for heart worm? At least here I cannot get the medication unless they have the test once a year. I am thinking that mine do not really need the vaccines. They are not kenneled, they are in a fenced in backyard and are highly supervised when not in the yard.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 15:31

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
Group:
Registered Users
My dogs stay on HWP year round. In Mississippi we have the option of vaccinating for rabies every three years and I have read so much research that shows that if pups get their round of puppy shots and then a booster a year later, they are protected from disease for life much like infants that receive immunizations.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 20:19

ultimate hotdog
From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
I have Blixas and April's titers checked annually and will continue to do so. I will never automatically vaccinate a dog again. I'm convinced that "constant" vaccinations shortened the life of my beloved Shih Tzu, Reggie, by ruining his immune system.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 9:10

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with you Carol.

Something else I have thought about so many times. When you vaccinate a puppy for the first time, they rarely EVER had a reaction to the vaccine. It seems that if a puppy is going to have a reaction it is either on the second or third vaccination. Why is that?

Posted on: 2009/2/12 10:47

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From San Diego, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Do you mean the VERY 1st puppy shot Tia? If so, I believe it's because they don't get rabies then. In my experience, it is ALWAYS rabies that causes the problems. Emma the Bassett is the only one who has reacted to her other vaccines and that was AFTER having a severe reaction to rabies. I was told that after her reaction to the rabies to pay close attention if she should get stung by a bee etc. That once she has had one reaction, she is more likely to have adverse reactions to other things. Sure enough, she had a severe reaction tho all the other vaccines.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 11:03

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!
Help - Behavioral Issue - Barking
Is Your Veterinarian Being Honest w/You--ABC News
Vaccines--Dr. W. Jean Dodds Part 2
Titers--Dr. W. Jean Dodds Interviews

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index