Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

Google

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

#1 Rhodesian Ridgeback Dachshund?
KRoof Posted on: 2007/4/7 16:30
I had an 8 month old red mini. His dad was a red and his mom was a black and tan. He's got a stripe of darker hair that goes down his back- from his head all the way to his tail. If I can get a good picture of it I'll post it, but it really looks like he's part Rhodesian Ridge- I mean, obviously not because he weighs barely 10 pounds. I just thought this was funny and wondered if anyone else's dox had this.

#2 Re: Rhodesian Ridgeback Dachshund?
Brandy & Amy Posted on: 2007/4/7 16:34
Brandy has this sort of coloring. She was the product of a mixed marriage also....LOL

#3 Re: Rhodesian Ridgeback Dachshund?
DustyH Posted on: 2007/4/7 17:02
Does the hair stand up or is it just a different color? Lolly has a ridge of hair that stands up like a mohawk down the center of her nose:
Open in new window

I think it's adorable and I love that it makes her unique. I think if the hair is just a different color, there's a name for that but I forget what it is

#4 Re: Rhodesian Ridgeback Dachshund?
KRoof Posted on: 2007/4/7 17:39
Nope, it doesn't stick up- unless there is a fox or something outside that gets him scared or excited. Though, I must say that little nose mohawk is adorable.

I've just never heard a ridgeback being a trait of dachshunds!

#5 Re: Rhodesian Ridgeback Dachshund?
Eridox Posted on: 2007/4/7 17:41
Quote:
He's got a stripe of darker hair that goes down his back- from his head all the way to his tail.

If it's just darker hair (rather than hair plastered in the opposite direction), then it's part of his shading pattern. Shading down the spine is called a "trace".

The actual rhodesian ridgeback trait is due to something else entirely - those are just basically cowlicks. :)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
My Dixie
Has anyone dealt with Pepper Creek Ranch or PCPUPS ?
How to Make Good Friends with a Beautiful Girl?
Which one should I Pick?
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index